Women economic empowerment program with EU support
Technically led a six months women economic empowerment project funded by the European Union. The assignment included preparation of training manuals on entrepreneurship and hairdressing, conducting a 65 days training for 1150 unemployed women in Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa, Harar and Jigjiga. Our firm has managed the overall technical and administration tasks required to undertake the project. The project involved multi sector stakeholder such as Federal and Regional Women, Children and Youth Affairs bureaus, TVET, Cooperative development Offices and Micro and Small Enterprise Development Agencies and Micro finance institutions.
The overall objective of the project is to develop the entrepreneurship/business development and hairdressing skills of the targeted beneficiaries for self-employment and Income Generating Activities.
Major outcomes of the training
- Of the targeted 1150 participants, 1145 of them completed the training which constitutes 99.5%.
- 8% of trainees scored above 50% in the post test exams which shows almost all participants improved their theoretical understanding of hairdressing.
- 89 % of participants were competent on their continuous skill and competency evaluations which imply that significant majority of the participants have improved their hairdressing and beauty skills and competencies.
- Large majority of the participants expressed their satisfaction over the training based on the feedback they have given
- The participants perception towards value of work has been increased and they developed “I can do it attitude” based on the entrepreneurship and like skill training they have been given.
- Participants learned the concept and saving and investment. Significant majority of participants opened saving book and deposited money from their daily transport allowance. Like for instance, each participant in Harar saved Birr 2000 individually while each participant in Jigjiga saved 1000. In Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa majority of participants saved considerable amount